Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Ode to White Bread

OK, so I have heard all of the health benefits of whole wheat bread. I know that you really aren't supposed to eat anything white (potatoes, bread, rice). But here's the deal...I have been eating whole wheat bread for years and I can't tell the difference. Don't get me wrong, I eat whole grain cereal, whole grain oatmeal, blah...blah..blah...I REALLY love white bread. I don't even eat bread of any variety very often. Heck, I won't even buy white bread at all. I am afraid the whole wheat police will jump out and arrest me. I just really miss fresh white bread. When I was a kid I remember opening a fresh loaf of Bunny Bread and enjoying a good ole PB&J. It isn't just the bread, it is all the memories associated with my childhood. Anyway...I was in Kroger today and I was actually craving white bread so I bought some. I came home and had nice grilled cheese. It was amazing. Anyway, I guess in times such as these it is easy to get bogged down with "stuff"and every once in awhile it is just good to sit down and enjoy the simple stuff.

1 comment: